Associate Editor (New York City – Contract Position)
We are looking for an Associate Editor to handle the various duties required to maintain our online Beauty Magazine, Heavensalon.com
Contract Term: 2 months
- Excellent English writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of the fashion world and its key players — designers, models, photographers, stylists, journalists, editors,
scenesters, socialites, company owners/shareholders, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of fashion history and the business side of fashion
- Extensive knowledge of popular culture
- Relationships with publicists and fashion PR; ability to gain access to events and secure exclusive interviews
- Experience writing for a news outlet, preferably online
- Having contacts with, freelanced or worked for major monthly fashion magazines is extremely preferred
- Ability to work well independently and meet tight, daily deadlines
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Ability to write concisely and clearly
- Internet-savvy, Social Media user
- Skilled at online research, basic HTML, web skills
- Image Editing Software (Photoshop)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Reliability, professionalism, attention to detail & diligence
- Image editing/ sizing
- Monitoring our online blog calendar
- Daily posting to our online magazine
- Posting daily to Twitter, Facebook and Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr
- Monitoring Social news apps such as: Flip Board, FLUD and Google Currents
- Research, interviewing and writing
- Online Research
- Copy editing
- Cover parties, fashion shows, presentations, and events in New York
- Assist in set up of PR events, fashion event coverage and photo-shoots
Please send resume, cover letter, and two writing samples (preferably published clips)
Visit us at www.heavensalon.com
- Compensation: Hours: Full Time, Salary DOE
- This is a contract job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact the company.
- Respond online; no phone calls, please.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Are you passionate about working with people? Do you relish the prospect of representing some of the world's biggest and brightest brands? You could be working for one of the most vibrant agencies in the United States.
Fill out the form below, attache your resumé and hit Submit!